Cadets, prepare to deploy! Scarlet Nexus is available today, June 25 on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. We’re excited to share the experience of the Scarlet Nexus universe and the stories of our two protagonists, Yuito Kisaragi and Kasane Randall. As the new cadets of the OSF, you will lead a small team of psionically gifted allies as you tackle The Others: monstrous lifeforms that threaten the people.
In addition to showcasing the game’s anime-inspired visuals in native 4K at 60 FPS, Scarlet Nexus utilizes the PS5’s DualSense controller to add a more realistic, physical dimension to your gameplay. You will feel each of Yuito and Kasane’s psychokinetic actions amplified by the enhanced sensations of the DualSense controller haptics. The movement of each psychokinetically manipulated object is amplified with haptic vibrations, and lifting objects responds with dynamic tension in the adaptive triggers to simulate the sensation of weight and resistance in real life.
As we want to share the most optimal experience of Scarlet Nexus with you, owners of Scarlet Nexus on PS4 will receive a free upgrade to the PS5 digital version.
To help you on your journey on Scarlet Nexus, we created this brief tips and tricks guide. From here, learn about the Struggle Arms System (SAS), bonding with allies, The Others, and more. Hopefully, these tips will help you on your journey with Yuito and Kasane.
The Struggle Arms System (SAS)
- Unite with Your Fellow Allies: By combining your powers with allies through the SAS, you can take down stronger enemies, hit their weaknesses, or avoid certain attacks. You have a limited time to borrow their power so use it wisely. Don’t worry too much as it will recharge over time.
- Finding Secrets: You will find glowing objects such as walls, doors, or devices that draw your attention. If you use the appropriate SAS, something may happen.
Bonding with Allies
- Better Friendship, Stronger Support: As the bond level with your ally increases, allies will more proactively engage in support actions such as healing and reviving. Bond levels increase by deepening bonds with your allies through actions such as progressing through Bond Episodes, giving gifts, and fighting alongside each other. It also enhances SAS effects that your allies provide.
- Pick the Perfect Gift: You can give gifts to allies at the hideout, which are mainly obtained from the shop’s Exchange. Bonds will strengthen more if you give them something they like. Gifts you give will also be displayed at the hideout, so your allies’ areas will become more festive.
- Psychokinesis Follow-Up Attack: Perform a psychokinesis attack while connecting with a weapon attack for a psychokinesis follow-up attack. The bigger the material, the stronger the psychokinesis attack will be. The Others can be staggered by the psychokinesis attack depending on how large the item is, but it will cost more.
- Offense and Defense: A good defense goes a long way. Dodging away from enemies’ attacks will give you time to recharge your psychokinesis and use items. If you dodge just before the attack, you can execute a perfect dodge where time slows down, and you can quickly counterattack.
Fighting The Others
- Finding The Other’s Weakness: Check the bios of The Others in the library if you’re having difficulties with them. The library will give you tips on how to use their attack patterns to help you avoid big attacks that you may be unfamiliar with.
- Dealing with Status Ailments: Enemies can inflict a variety of status effects on Kasane and Yuito. To counter, try equipping Plug-in equipment that can offer resistance against various status ailments. Status ailments include Burning, Shocked, Oil, Soaked, and Confused.
- Traces of Others: Unique patterns sometimes arise in the areas where Others live. They appear on walls and the ground in many shapes. You’ll find them all over if you’re looking for them.
- An Object’s Strange Movement: When revisiting a location, you may notice some objects could be placed at a different position. The Others have been observed to collect and move objects. Revisiting certain spots may lead to new rewards
Want to put these tips to the test? You can play the Scarlet Nexus’s Demo for free at PlayStation Store. Play both Yuito and Kasane’s paths and save your data to get additional DLC rewards from the demo to score cosmetic items and plug-in to increase your attack and defense.
Choose the Deluxe Edition to obtain the Brain Punk Bundle, additional costumes, outfits, and three additional SAS Plug-in Variations to further boost your abilities in earning experience as well as combat. We hope you enjoy the world of Scarlet Nexus and we’re looking forward to you joining the Other Suppression Force today.