We’re very excited to reveal today that Sonic and Tails will roll into Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania as playable characters when the game launches for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S on October 5!
This special Sega collaboration marks the respective 20th and 30th anniversaries of Super Monkey Ball and Sonic The Hedgehog (both actually share the same June 23 birthday!). The Blue Blur and his two-tailed sidekick speed into the world of Super Monkey Ball in time to join AiAi and the monkey gang for their latest adventure, with both characters free and unlockable through normal gameplay right at launch.
Sonic fans will enjoy playing as classic versions of their favorite characters, which celebrate their historic legacy over the years. Little touches like replacing AiAi’s favorite bananas with Sonic’s rings, or Sonic’s Spin Attack when he builds up pace add to the authenticity. Both can be unlocked for free from the Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania point shop by accruing points from gameplay (time required will vary but most players will be able to do it within 30 minutes of play).
Sonic and Tails join an all-star cast in Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania that includes Beat from Jet Set Radio and additional yet-to-be-revealed guest stars. Every special guest will be fully playable through all 300+ stages in Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania when the game launches for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S on Octoboer 5. Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania will also support Smart Delivery ensuring fans will only have to buy the game once to play it on their favorite Xbox console.
Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania
• The ultimate Super Monkey Ball Experience – More than 300 stages from Super Monkey Ball, Super Monkey Ball 2 and Super Monkey Ball Deluxe.
• Go Bananas with 12 fun minigames including Monkey Racing, Monkey Soccer, Monkey Bowling, Monkey Baseball and much more!
• Challenge your friends as you compete for top banana on the online leaderboards!
• Assemble your all-star monkey team of up to 4 friends and work together to save Jungle Island with 4-player local co-op.
• Immerse yourself in the Super Monkey Ball world with creative comic book-style story telling in Story Mode.
• Want to be the coolest monkey on the block? Customize your character and Super Monkey Ball to make it your own!
Meet the Hashira of Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles
Go for Gold in Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – The Official Video Game
Inside Xbox Series X Optimized: Yakuza: Like a Dragon